“An opportunity to join a fun, successful and growing team and to be part of its continued success in winning and delivering varied software projects with interesting and engaged clients”
QA Team Leader
Responsibilities of a team leader include decision-making, reporting, coaching, mentoring, developing the team’s skills and managing conflict. You will play a pivotal role in developing and coaching team members by leading regular and open communication and providing constructive feedback; you will be key in identifying team goals and assessing progress.
The QA Team Leader role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. You will be responsible for the implementation of an Automated Testing strategy, conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. You will be driving the quality of our products, by designing and implementing tests, debugging, defining corrective actions and most importantly, driving the QA Strategy forward. You will also track quality assurance metrics using the companies Quality Model for QA.
· Effectively manage performance of the team ensuring issues are identified and escalated
· Maximisation of team efficiency and output.
· Ensure teams adhere to technical deliverables and expected quality standards.
· Implement, document and continuously improve the business’ Automated Testing strategy and provide relevant training to the team.
· Responsible for the performance and output within your team, and for escalating issues or concerns to the Head of Engineering where required.
· Responsible for ensuring the team have sufficient levels of work, timesheet coverage and billable time percentage.
· Able to set clear, achievable goals and objectives to maintain and improve upon quality standards for your team, responsible for keeping these under regular review with each team member and addressing any concerns or issues quickly and constructively.
· Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and QA objectives.
· Design and create test conditions, test data and test scripts to address business and technical use cases.
· Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
· Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using Selenium.
· Design, execute and analyse automation test scripts & test results for Web applications, iOS, Android & Windows Phone apps.
· Estimate time and resources required to perform testing within defined timescales.
· Work with software engineers to help them understand quality standards and contribute to the testing effort through automated testing.
· Knowledge of web, mobile and desktop software QA processes.
· Knowledge of QA methodologies that cover regression testing, ad hoc testing, functional testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing and security testing.
· Extensive professional experience in software QA testing and QA automation.
· Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies such as Selenium, Java.
· Thorough understanding of automated QA processes.
· Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins or similar).
· Experience with Apple hardware and software.
Harvard Associates takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorise Harvard Associates to store your personal data in its electronic database, for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify Harvard Associates. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. Harvard Associates provides services as an Employment Consultancy and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.