“An opportunity to join a fun, successful and growing team and to be part of its continued success in winning and delivering varied software projects with interesting and engaged clients”
Salary: £33 – 40k
Support and mentor other Software Engineers by driving the high-quality design, delivery and implementation of all projects; ensuring they are in line with the customer vision and all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner. To engage in a collaborative customer journey, that is focused on achieving the overall project objectives whilst ensuring a positive customer experience.
· Contribute to the PHP strategy for the business.
· Assist in the delivery of large projects, including but not limited to, their strategy, decision making, risk identification, line management and client support.
· Provide realistic time estimations and identify and resolve any completion risks.
· Assess and approve delivery deadlines in collaboration with the wider business.
· Demonstrate an understanding of customer needs by leading technical discussions regarding realistic and achievable timescales, risks and budgets.
· Adhere to coding best practices and standards:
○ Utilise all resources effectively to ensure that no duplication of work or code occurs, and code works efficiently.
○ Ensure that the code you work with is scalable and future proof in such a way that it is easy to extend, understand and build on for other engineers.
○ Ensure that all work undertaken either extends or improves the current functionality and preserves the customer experience, with no negative impact on the existing system.
· Create specification documents by providing accurate technical information and supported research findings.
· Clearly document complex bodies of work to enable other engineers to diagnose potential problems with ease.
· Create performant and functional front-end interfaces with excellent user experience by using modern front-end technologies.
· Proactively develop technical skills and keep awareness of developments in the industry to support delivering products to a high standard.
· Work with the Team Leaders and Senior Software Engineers to develop and define processes and procedures to improve working practices.
· Partner with the Infrastructure Team to develop and improve infrastructure delivery.
· Proven experience using OOP PHP (5.3-7.4).
· Experience working with a MVC framework such as CodeIgniter/Laravel.
· Have basic knowledge of frontend such bootstrap, j avascript and HTML5.
· Experience in using a version control, such as Mercurial or Git.
· Ability to use basic Linux commands.
· Experience with SQL.
· Be able to work in an agile/scrum environment.
Harvard Associates takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorise Harvard Associates to store your personal data in its electronic database, for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify Harvard Associates. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. Harvard Associates provides services as an Employment Consultancy and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.